- 1 bone-in whole turkey breast (5 to 7 lb), thawed if frozen
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño chile, cut in half, seeded
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper S
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons gold tequila
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place turkey breast, skin side up, in shallow roasting pan.
- In mini food processor, place garlic and jalapeño. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add chili powder, salt, pepper, oil, 2 tablespoons of the tequila and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Cover; process, using on-and-off pulses, until smooth.
- Loosen turkey skin, using fingers or spoon; rub garlic mixture under and over turkey skin. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of breast and does not touch bone.
- Pour remaining 1/4 cup each tequila and lime juice into roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until thermometer reads at least 165°F. Place turkey on warm platter; cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Spoon pan juices over turkey; garnish with lime wedges.